Comentarios (3)

• Garry Nervo
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    any general guidance regarding home design in such environments
  • mldesign0401
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I recommend getting familiar with Australian standards 3959 regarding construction within a bushfire prone region, and your local state regulations or guides such as the HIA s reports.
    Once you have those practical provisions in place, you can start to factor in your individual constraints and consider materials and siting relevant to your specific build.
    I would also look into chatting to people affected by fire loss and what their recommendations are, in hindsight people find clarity in what they would do different etc.
    In all building, our codes dictate standards be met to obtain the highest possible fire ratings, but that is not the same as fire proof. Even the most prepared structure may fail in the face of a fire, meeting these requirements will at best buy you time.

I would place significant emphasis on self sufficiency and have a services contingency, so in the event of a fire and isolation of mains water and electric, you have provisions for these services to you alone.
    Garry Nervo agradeció a mldesign0401
  • PRO
    Design Smart Building
    hace 8 años
    I would suggest contacting your local council to determine bush fire rating of your specific block. Once this has been established you can look at sites like Bluescope steel fire rated roof details, shutter companies for flame zone window protection and fire fighting provisions for sprinklers, pumps and tanks. As suggested HIA reports will give a good starting point as well.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.