Houzz Logo Print
randi_rix

Storage of shoes!

Randi Rix
hace 9 años
How do you store your shoes? Both those who stand out and is in use in the daily life ... and those who are saved more away?

(I'm sorry. I have no space for a solution like this)

Comentarios (20)

• PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    hace 9 años
    How I so wish I had stairs!! This is just the most brilliant idea since sliced bread.
  • PRO
    Slightly Quirky Ltd
    hace 9 años
    Love it !!
  • headers13
    hace 9 años
    What a brilliant idea - love it
  • vivmill
    hace 9 años
    HOW MUCH WOULD THIS COST ?
  • Kate Burt
    hace 9 años
    My shoes used to decorate the stairs - a pair displayed on each step. It was a good solution if you're not a minimalist, but then there were too many shoes (shame on my shoe hoarding ways) and also, what to do with the not so pretty pairs, the trainers, the dog-walking boots etc...? I ended up asking a builder to make a giant heavy plywood box for the hall with a drawer which I painted (apart from the sandwich-y edges, which I think look nice). Inside is a shameful mess of bundled-in footwear, but because it's so easy to throw shoes into it, they do at least tend to get tidied away.
  • Emmeline Westin
    hace 8 años
    Like it @Kate! I keep mine in shoe boxes, but it's always a bit tricky finding the right pair...
  • Lady Tottington's Poodle
    hace 8 años
    Stick a photo of the pair in each box on the outside of the box x
  • PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    hace 8 años
    Emmeline Westin - echo the above - take a picture of the shoes and tape the picture to the outside of the box. Instant recognition.
  • Kate Burt
    hace 8 años
    Yes, the classic polaroid - but who prints photos anymore? Anyone? It seems such a luxury these days ...
  • PRO
    Ensign Accessories
    hace 8 años
    Black and white print from your iPad or phone, or anything linked to your printer.
  • PRO
    Neatsmith
    hace 8 años
    If you have the room - fitting pull out shoe drawers at the bottom of your wardrobe ensures your shoes are both organised and on display!
  • ruthholmstock
    hace 8 años
    I hacked shoe storage from an Ikea bargain corner find. I got two single wardrobes, cut the sides down to fit my space, (which was going to make them just deep enough to store shoes), abandoned the backs then fixed the sides with brackets to the back wall of the space. Ikea wardrobes have multiple holes for shelf studs so I cut lots of shelves to fit and then arranged them to fit my shoes. When my daughters lived at home both cupboards were used for shoes which were much wider spaced to house boots and high heels. I only wear flat shoes so the other cupboard now houses stuff like paint tins and garden sprays.
  • Donna Fort
    hace 8 años
    I use a wooden cd/DVDs tower to store my children's shoes in the hallway, it has adjustable shelves. I attached it to the wall at the top for safety.
  • PRO
    Freebird Interiors
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años
    We made this shoe storage unit for a very tight space in a Sheffield terraced house, using hinges reclaimed from double glazed windows.
  • Sophia
    hace 8 años
    We've used the cupboard by our front door for day to day shoes.
  • Sophia
    hace 8 años
    Also used a cupboard under the eaves for clothing and my heels. Used MDF coving to attach to the wall and heels just hang.
    Both need some further work I think, but okay for now.
  • PRO
    IDea for your space
    hace 8 años
    Regarding the comment of Emmeline Westin above, as a professional organiser and delutterer I've already dealt with her suggestion. What do I do? I take pictures of the shoes with my iPhone and then I print them on sticky labels I buy from Rymans. It's super easy, you don't need a specific printer, and the result is brilliant. It makes my clients' life so much easier! Especially the shoe hoarders.... Having a big lovely basket by the entrance door also helps to tidy up the family shoes as soon as every one comes back home. I've personnally allowed a maximum of 2 pairs of shoes in the basket per family member -we're five in our household. The other pairs have to be stored in the laundry room in the cheap but so efficient shoe storage organisation I've arrange with different elements bought from IKEA. See the pictures below.
  • Tim Price
    hace 8 años
    I have seen these stairs via various links for a long time now. I think they are great BUT only if they self close. Imagine someone grabbing shoes on their way out late at night then in the night you go downstairs - only one of the stairs is an open drawer 1/2 full of shoes. Is it crash, bang, wallop or are there a couple of extra bangs and crashes to add in there? I think I would add small lights in each drawer that come on when the drawer opens (there are little LED units that are activated by them being moved away from the metal/magnet bit like the burglar alarm sensors you have on doors and windows. Apart from lighting the contents of the drawers it would also alert anyone coming down stairs that they are open.
    For us though 2 or 3 stair drawers wouldn't be enough. We have a shoe "cabinet" that is from IKEA. It stands about 7 feet tall and has 4 wardrobe doors. Unlike one commenter above who had to cut down wardrobe carcasses to do this here in Malaysia IKEA sells wardrobe carcasses in 3 depths - including the one we have for shoes that is just the right depth. IKEA even have all the slanting shelves etc. (we initially also had some pull out frames with vertically mounted shoe trees to hold your shoes. I don't recommend these. Stick to either shelves or slanted racks)
    Sadly, 7 feet high by 8 feet wide still isn't really enough. Granted the highest shelf behind 2 doors of the cupboard is reserved for shopping bags/freezer bag etc. but I only use about 1/4 of the now overflowing cupboard and there are only two of us. Any idea why this would be the case anyone? (luckily my wife won't be reading this - I hope!)
  • madmax1962
    hace 8 años
    Brilliant Idea!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.