Houzz Logo Print
sdestache

Fireplace mantle and hearth decisions

sdestache
hace 8 años
Two sided fireplace that will be stone all the way to ceiling. One side faces kitchen other side great room.

Question 1: should I have the mantle on both sides be the same color? I was thinking of great room being egret white like the trim and crown and then kitchen side being walnut stained cherry wood like the cabinets. Ideas?

Question 2: hearth. One side or both sides? Height and depth?

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Colorado Kitchen Designs
    hace 8 años
    I don't think they need to be the same at all. But I would do one on each side. The height should be dictated by the fireplace specs. I just installed one that specified it had to be at least 10" above top of fireplace.
  • PRO
    Colorado Kitchen Designs
    hace 8 años
    About the hearth, depends if you want to sit right next to it. if you don't, I would just put stone below fireplace on wall.
  • sdestache
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks for quick advice. Do you think I should do the same hearth design on both sides? Would it look off if I did no hearth on kitchen side but did put one on the great room side?
  • PRO
    Colorado Kitchen Designs
    hace 8 años
    I think you could do completely different things on each side. Each side is its own room. I think you would be more likely to use a hearth on the living room side for sure.
  • sdestache
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    The fireplace is gas.
  • Felix Pradas-Bergnes
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Consider no mantles at all. Cleaner lines. Consider also that the two mantles do not have to be made of wood. Depending on your style preferences, a stone, marble or terracotta mantle from a salvage store, in a color contrasting the stone surround could create a very powerful effect.

• Laurel
    hace 5 años

Dear owner, what did you decide to do regarding this design dilemma and are you now happy with your choices? Thank you, Curious Person with a Similar Dilemma :-)

• owensound
    hace 5 años
    Would love to know what you decided. Same question on how to treat 2 sided fireplace. Looking for a more contemporary feel. It also is kitchen and great room. Thanks
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.