Houzz Logo Print
liebeloo

Stripes

liebeloo
hace 9 años
I am painting my living room a light tan. I am thinking about painting a few stripes on the main wall to match one of my chairs. Is it still ok to paint stripes or is that outdated?

Comentarios (7)

• Maureen
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

Not a fan for a living room; I like them in a children's bedroom or a bathroom. Have you considered wallpaper on the focal wall instead.

• User
    hace 9 años

It's a casual look- consider art work or something instead, UNLESS you are painting the stripe to visually widen the space, raise the ceiling, etc.

• PRO
    Studio Laurie Inspired Finishes
    hace 9 años

Stripes are a fun way to dress up any space however they are deceptively difficult to do.

If you are going to DIY then here's some tips. Measure the SF and divide by a number that ends evenly IE..400SF of wall with 10 inch stripes gives you 40 stripes to line out. if the surface is rough then you may have a difficult time with taping and bleed under. You can free hand with a chalk line as an option.

good luck and have fun with your project!

• groveraxle
    hace 9 años

Studio Laurie, you might want to check your math. You need only concern yourself with the height of the room if you're doing horizontal stripes, the width if your stripes will be vertical. A 96" tall wall with 12" horizontal stripes gives you eight.

• PRO
    Studio Laurie Inspired Finishes
    hace 9 años
    just trying to be helpful...not looking for critiques on my comments
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años

how about a vertical "panel" instead of horizonal stripes?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.