foxdeerpark

Need help laundry room flooring

foxdeerpark
hace 5 años

I am in the process of selecting floors for my new home and have heard various responses for the laundry room/mud room flooring choices. I have heard to do wood floor in order to keep consistent with the rest of the house--and then we have heard tile/stone. Thoughts?

Comentarios (16)

• tibbrix

Absolutely positively go with porcelain tile with sealed grout. It is the BEST flooring and holds up to EVERYTHING and comes in beautiful styles. I'm doing my kitchen in Mediterranea Chicago tiles in State Street. They use photography. Take pics of the real thing, in this case bricks, then use some process that superimposes the photo onto the tiles to give them a realistic look.

Comes in contemporary styles, rustic, all kinds of stuff. Also different size tiles, and you can create the pattern you want.

This is the Chicago State Street floor I'm going to have put in.

foxdeerpark agradeció a tibbrix
  • foxdeerpark

tibbrix--thank-you! I appreciate your feedback. Ironically, we are building in the Chicago NW suburbs.

• tibbrix

If you go to a flooring store, you will see that they are packed now with the porcelain tile stuff. I'm doing my kitchen floor with it because a client of mine had a huge house built and put it in her kitchen/foyer/kids coatroom area, and for years i've wondered what her floor is. It has held up to EVERYTHING: two big dogs at all times, three boys and their friends, traffic, traffic, traffic. VERY easy to clean up spills. You can use electric steam mops on them (unlike laminate flooring)..but it's also softer on the feet than stone or ceramic tile. It's just great flooring for heavy traffic areas.

The Chicago comes in four different colors: State Street; Wrigley; South Side; Old Chicago.

You can see it here. check out the different sizes of tile (also the honeycomb shape, which I don't care for). Open the PDF brochure to see the different patterns too. Also look at the other types under "Stone Look", etc.

foxdeerpark agradeció a tibbrix
  • foxdeerpark

This is great feedback, tibbrix. THANK-YOU!

• tibbrix

Very welcome. You can see the huge variations! Great stuff.

• PRO
    RWK Fine Interior Exterior Painting

After searching high and low I used slate tile from home depot called MSI Montauk black slate in 12x24. We had it laid in a brick pattern, I love it. Best thing is that is was only $2.99sqft! Great timeless look, we also carried into our powder room and hallway from garage. I did not want hardwood in those areas with 3 active muddy kiddo's! Check it out

• foxdeerpark

AWESOME! I really appreciate your input! I am going to check it out!

• PRO
    RWK Fine Interior Exterior Painting

PS. This was my inspiration pic. I believe the same exact tile was used. Good Luck!

• foxdeerpark

Love! So helpful!

• autumn.4

We have tile. I have also heard that there is less vibration with tile/stone flooring. I know my girlfriend I bought new sets around the same time - with pedestals and she has some vibration and movement/noise with hers and I don't. We didn't buy the same brand so that could be a factor but I know the salesperson mentioned that tile floors were best with the fast spin cycles that washers get up to these days.

foxdeerpark agradeció a autumn.4
  • zippity1

i used slate no sealant i'm very happy with it

• Michelle

Leareese, that is exactly the tile we bought for our mudroom and utility areas. I love it and can't wait to see it installed.

foxdeerpark agradeció a Michelle
  • dekeoboe

We have Marmoleum and like it a lot.

foxdeerpark agradeció a dekeoboe
  • Aims

We did our plank vinyl flooring in the entrance coming from the garage and also the laundry. We had wanted to do tile in the laundry, guest bathroom, and the master bath but the issue came up about the different thicknesses of the materials could be a concern with tripping. We decided just to do the vinyl plank flooring in the main areas of the house, laundry, and guest bath, and carpet in bedrooms, and tile in master bath. We've been pretty happy this far.

foxdeerpark agradeció a Aims
  • kelleg69

leareese and Michelle, how do you like this tile now that you have had it for a while? Do you feel it shows a lot of footprints, snow, mud, etc? I currently have a tan travertine, but am moving. Want to do something different. I have loved the travertine, but am going more towards gray than tan. Anyway, I love the look of this tile and Home Depot has great reviews of the Montauk black slate. Would love to hear your experience.

• sweetsarahbeth

We are planning on staining and sealing the concrete slab for the floor of our laundry/mudroom. It's right off the garage with a door to the backyard, so I wanted something that I could easily hose down if needed :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.