Houzz Logo Print
whyeye

Networking the house

Alan
hace 9 años
I could really use some advice on the best way to provide Internet access around the house. We're currently refurbishing a 1950s Cotswold house with solid internal walls - a centralised wifi hub can't deliver coverage everywhere I need it so I have three choices as I see it:

1) wifi repeaters around the home, hard wired (Cat5) back to the central hub
2) use devices that utilise mains wiring to deliver internet access wherever it's needed
3) Hard wire Cat5 to every room in the house from a central patch connected to the central hub

Any advice anyone can offer on the best solution, or any alternative solutions?

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

Comentarios (3)

• billybingo1
    hace 9 años
    I would go with a wireless solution. I think you can get wireless repeaters that pug into the mains sockets.
  • PRO
    Jonathan Hagen Photography
    hace 9 años
    I have used Home Plugs in my last 2 properties and they have been brilliant. They are a bit unsightly so best if they can be hidden away. I'd also recommend getting the type that has a socket on the front so that you can still utilise the socket.
  • PRO
    Digicast AV
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

The best way is to have both cat 6 wall plates and WIFI points wired back to a plant room or loft. I put the wall plates behind TV's so you have a ethernet connection for smart video streaming. The WIFI points are best high on a wall in a central location on each floor for the best coverage, but if you find these unsightly you can install behind TV's also.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.