Houzz Logo Print
corlivm

Living area layout / styling advice

corlivm
hace 9 años
Hi everyone,
I'm struggling with the layout and styling ideas to the open plan living/dining/kitchen area.

I am struggling with the layout, giving the space personality and more seating/furniture without making it too crowded/blocking the walkways.
I also feel it needs a defined entry way/drop zone area (i'm planning to move the wine fridge).. Basically i just don't know where/how to start so it remains a boring area!

I am considering naturals colours & textures with teal/turquoise accents- towards a coastal theme. But I'm open to hear what you would have done with the space!
Bear in mind we're renting so no major changes allowed.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Comentarios (14)

• corlivm
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I was considering adding an armchair -examples attached.
  • wuff
    hace 9 años
    I like the blue one
  • pompom_
    hace 9 años
    You've already got a pretty consistent style going on. I think it's just a matter of adding a few finishing touches. The teal/turquoise accents will definitely add more character into your space. I would go with the teal/turquoise chair too.

Maybe add a few cute clothes hooks and some potted plants. Like this-
    Cottage Place · Más información

If you're into reading maybe add a thin tall shelf somewhere and show off some of your books :)
  • dominiqueu
    hace 9 años
    I would add colorful throws for the sofa, same colour pillow covers (or mix), few same colour pillows for the bench and a new carpet.
  • Sian Sampey
    hace 9 años
    The buffet right near the door, could that be slid down & replace your tv unit? Then it would give you more space to add a chair on that side of the room & help visually separate the areas?
  • corlivm
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks for all the advice!
    Sian, i think the buffet you are referring to (next to front door) is the wine fridge which I'll move out of this area.

Dominiqueu, I do like the rug but that doesnt mean it works. I've wondered whether it's too small and whether i need a more natural material if i want a coastal vibe. Or brighter to add colour..

Nicholas: i'm renting so no painting or changing lights allowed. Thanks for the illustration!

I've done a bit of searching and I'm thinking to do the following
    OptionA:
    Add bookshelf where wine fridge is to create entry (see pic1) with the blue armchair next to that.
    Add a bench behind the sofa against wall for lamps/art/plants
    See pic 2.

Option B:
    Move the sofa so it's facing the window (would need to take sofa apart so chaise is on the other side of sofa..), add bench behind back of sofa creating a "drop zone" (see pic3), blue armchair in front of window diagonally facing sofa.
    Once i get the layout and furnishings sorted I will work on the details.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone
  • Sian Sampey
    hace 9 años
    Option a was my initial thought before I reimagined the wine fridge as the buffet!
    That would define the spaces very nicely!
  • dominiqueu
    hace 9 años
    May be you can use this rug in other room, bedroom or office? I like Nicholas design, brighter and bigger carpet, it could be mixture of blue with some other colour. I like option B. :)
  • Sian Sampey
    hace 9 años
    My comment was meant to read B. as well. My iPhone autocorrected :/
    So 2 votes for b!
  • PRO
    blu interior Design
    hace 8 años

the rug is running wrong way and you need to add some" white" thats in your rug and coffee table to the very brown lounge and can you move your tv cabinet out of the corner so its more centred to your lounge.

• PRO
    Made In Italy Kitchens
    hace 8 años

Adding an interesting shelving & cabinetry combination adds both aesthetics and functionality to the living space.

• acharyaanisha
    hace 8 años

I like your optionB.. And the blue chair if you are thinking of changing the rug too, otherwise the other grey chair would look nicer I think

• acharyaanisha
    hace 8 años
    I think a rug with some blue and creams would work better for the coastal look you're going for..
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.