Houzz Logo Print
llsmithok

Need Input on Kitchen Makeover

Laurie Smith Moore
hace 11 años
Hello and Happy New Year! We're gearing up to do a makeover on our kitchen. However, I'm at a loss as where to start and how far we want to go.

It is a good sized kitchen but outdated and storage is minimal. I love to cook but struggle with lack of counter and storage space. Am considering a small makeover with refinishing cabinets with new doors, new lampshade and sink but debating putting an island in where small table currently sits. New countertops as well.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. We live in NE Florida and have tile throughout home. Thank you for your time.

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Start with new stove and micro in stainless. Take out that soffit lighting change it to cans all the way around the kitchen cabinets.will get rid of the dark area by the refrigerator. Put in under cabinet lights. Paint the window frames white. If you want more storage do the island with some bar stools facing into the kitchen.
  • PRO
    Ana Maria Designs
    hace 11 años
    Hi, I"m an Interior Des. residing in NY. After studying your layout, I"d say it's pretty good bc of the traffic & where the entry is.. If you could make some major changes I'd put the sink & dishwasher in front of the window, add a Hood for a focal point over the stove & add a bar height island where the sink is - open to the other room with seating on both sides, a built in island with cabinets underneath for more storage...I think that would give you a more open concept, with a focal point & a seating area that can double as a prep surface. good luck, amdesigns
  • Tarey Cullen
    hace 11 años
    With respect to our NY friend, I assume by your initial comments and wish list that you are not prepared for a full blown construction project. and without knowing what the "south wall" (wall opposite the refrigerator) is - I will assume there's a door to the outdoors- that leaves little room for relocating the refrigerator in the suggestion to relocate the sink to the window wall.
    I would tend to agree with the suggestion to change the lighting, IF its in the budget. However an inexpensive option would be adding up-lighting above the soffit n the open soffit area, which would help flood the upper ceiling area with ambient light. ( even simple rope lighting stretched around the perimeter could become a great cost effective drama effect.)
    It appears the table is the primary eating area for the "condo ?" and the area beyond the sink pass- through is the "living rm area"? I ask this because trading out the table would mean all your meals would be at the higher work counter height ? Would that be an issue?

If the dining area can be relocated-or exists in another area, then a counter height island with one or two pendants from above to replace the outdated hang fixture, would be an easy and comfortable addition.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.