Houzz Logo Print
valerateach

Need help with my kitchen-Countertops

valerateach
hace 9 años

Hi. I am new here and I need your help. We moved into or third and final house in August. We love it and I love decorating, but this move ate up all our money. We are in the market to buy new countertops, but we had to paint the cabinets.

The cabinets came out beautiful. See picture. I painted them off white on the uppers and charcoal gray on the lowers. I can't decide between these two color stones for the countertops.

I had the SuperWhite Quartzite in my old house and love love loved it! The issue is it is super expensive! The second granite is half the price and I like it alot, but not sure which one looks nicer. Please help me out. Which stone looks nicer with my cabinets. Thank you so much!

Top Cabinets

Bottom Cabinets

Granite 1

SuperWhite Quartzite

Thank you so much!!!! Nicole

Comentarios (11)

• User
    hace 9 años

Great job on your cabinets! The granite looks a lot more interesting than the quartzite, and if properly sealed will cause you no problems. Save the money and do the granite.

• valerateach
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Thank you so much for your opinion. Anyone else willing to chime in?? Thx.

• MotherOfGiants
    hace 9 años
    I'd probably go with the granite too. Assuming the slab has the interest the small sample provides, it's really very nice -- I can't see paying twice as much for the quartzite.
  • valerateach
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Thank you again for the comment. I like the granite, but there is something about the quartzite that draws me in. The price is crazy high.... Killing me... Anyone else, please feel free to let me know your opinion. Thx.

• PRO
    Otta Decorate!
    hace 9 años

While the granite is nice, you said this is your final house and you seem to love the quartzite way more than the granite. Thus, I think you should bite the bullet and get what you love because you will have to live with it a long time and you don't want to always regret not having gotten the quartzite! It is beautiful and will look amazing too.

• MotherOfGiants
    hace 9 años
    I agree with the above poster: if you love the quartzite, get the quartzite. :). Maybe see a full slab of the granite too, so you can judge apples-to-apples (so to speak) and then get what speaks to you!
  • valerateach
    Autor original
    hace 9 años

Thank you everyone. I am going to go and see if I can look at the full slab. The price difference is tremendous. About $1600 difference. I don't want to be persuaded by price..but it's hard. I agree it needs to be what I like because then I will be upset every time I look at it.

• Sue Geddes
    hace 9 años
    Here's what I think. If this is your forever home and you plan on putting a very expensive countertop on to cabinets that you said you painted because you couldn't afford to replace then maybe you should ask yourself if these are your forever cabinets ? If you're not sure then maybe a cheaper alternative would be a better choice until you can redo all. Just my thoughts. It would be very hard to swallow all that cost on new counter tops in 10 or so years down the road or sooner.
  • miacometlady
    hace 9 años
    If you can, just wait until you can save the money for what you really want.
  • PRO
    Super White Countertops
    hace 8 años

We are a direct importer of 3cm super white quartzite with wholesale pricing

3 cm SUPER WHITE QUARTZITE · Más información

3 cm SUPER WHITE QUARTZITE · Más información

Naperville job · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.