Houzz Logo Print
laurencane

Windows

laurencane
hace 9 años

I'm not positive this is the right place for this so please let me know if i should repost in a different forum.

I had two companies come out to measure to give me quotes on windows and I ended up with two totally different stories on what was better. im in south florida and impact windows are important because we get hurricanes. the first person that came out told me that windows that have the impact pane on the outside are better than those that have the energy pane on the outside with the impact pane on the inside. he explained that you want the stronger pane on the outside so it doesn't break in a hurricane and protects the inside pane. that sounded logical to me so i totally believed it.

but then the second person came and told me that i wanted the impact pane on the inside because the impact pane is flexible and bows and if it's on the outside it may bow under pressure and then cause the inside pane to shatter and since it's on the inside that's a problem bc presumably i will be on the inside. she said yes, the outside pane COULD break in a storm but repairing that is very affordable...whereas if the outside pane is the impact pane and it gets damaged it's VERY pricey to repair.

both of these people had access to windows with the impact pane on the inside or outside and said they could give me whichever i choose but they each had different recommendations. what do you think? do they sound full of it?? im very confused.

Comentarios (2)

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.