Houzz Logo Print
bellycat

Ideas for Bathroom Curb Caps

bellycat
hace 9 años
What can be used to create a curb cap top? I'm told the tile w/ grout and glass setting on top isn't the cleanest/neatest way to go.

Comentarios (3)

• User
    hace 9 años
    A one-piece curb cap is preferable. it allows a tighter seam to prevent leaks.
    bellycat agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Design Distinctions
    hace 9 años
    Hi Bellycat! When I saw your question I was surprised at how much I had to say about such a seemingly simple thing. So, here goes!! My greatest concern in a shower, or wet environment, is ease of cleaning and keeping it clean. Anywhere there is grout, the surface is rough and slightly recessed. That means it stays wet longer and the rough surface gives mildew a place to hide. The less grout the better, in my opinion! However, using something like a travertine or marble slab usually means there will be a slight overhang either on one side or both. The overhang results in a space under it that is hard to get at to clean, again, mildew. Also, natural stone products are very susceptible to pitting from cleaning products. Even vinegar will damage them. Once you have a pitted surface, you might as well have grout. See the problem?? LOL! I think if the shower curb is constructed using the proper materials, leaking shouldn't be a problem. The curb doesn't typically get, or stay, nearly as wet as the shower floor, and shower floors are tiled and grouted all the time. I guess when weighing the pros and cons of each, I would vote for tile. It is what I used in my own shower.
    bellycat agradeció a Design Distinctions
  • bellycat
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    @Design Distinctions - nothing simple about this question :) Just wish I had known before picking out tile as no easy match. Leaning toward an ivory travertine or almond on white or almond on almond marble for cap and sink; just hope it looks good with the tiles I so painstakingly picked out. UGH!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.