Houzz Logo Print
patricia_richards95

Need help on a front hallway-stairs.

Patricia Richards
hace 9 años
We have a 70's era contemporary Florida house with a very ugly carpeted stairs and stair-rails. We want to rip out the carpet and redo the stairs and stair rail, perhaps in wood-something that is durable and makes our hallway look great. The hallway has large windows with a fantastic view of the surrounding palms. We have been told that we should consider laminate but we are concerned it would look like plastic.

Comentarios (5)

• Angie K
    hace 9 años
    Laminate will look like plastic. I would choose a natural oak tread with the riser being white a nice clean look.
    Patricia Richards agradeció a Angie K
  • PRO
    Summit Stairs & Millwork
    hace 9 años
    Replace the treads with solid red oak, replace the railing and balusters with contemporary looking iron balusters and a rectangular shaped oak railing. In my part of the world you could expect $2000-$2400 total for the interior shown in the picture.
    Patricia Richards agradeció a Summit Stairs & Millwork
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 9 años
    Laminate flooring has come a long way and the good stuff does not look ike plastic in Florida a lot of houses have tile because of the humidity. The othe product that is very nice is luxury vinyl plank also many levels. These pics are of laminate that looks and feels like slate except no so cold to walk on and I love it because we have 2 large dogs and hardwood have been totalled by now .
    Patricia Richards agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • laini
    hace 8 años
    I have the exact same gross stairs! Need ideas too!
  • PRO
    McIntyre Cresswell Design Group Inc.
    hace 8 años

Wood is great anywhere! when you choose a wood and finish for your new stairway consider your existing wood flooring elsewhere in your home. Either match the wood, or if that's not possible, choose wood that complements what you have. Here are a few examples. And it seems to me that Florida is a place where you can use iron railing in many ways - like the second image below.

OR

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.