Houzz Logo Print
cburky

Viatera Minuet

cburky
hace 9 años

Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm looking for an alternative to marble for my island. I came across a slab for the LG Viatera Minuet. Has anyone used this in their kitchen? I sometimes think that quartz looks fake and that is my biggest fear. I'd prefer to go with granite but I don't care for the whitish granites out there. Any photos/advice is appreciated!!

Comentarios (164)

• Cassy Hazelrigg
    hace 8 años

I have recently installed quartz minuet and I'm trying to decide on a backspash. We have natural cherry cabenits and I'm thinking of doing a white glazed subway tile, my only concern is that the tile is bright white and the counters are a little more of a soft white. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

• cschumacher88
    hace 8 años

Here's a photo of the tile we're looking at... I like the one in the center, but again im worried it's too white. I'll try to get better pics soon

• cschumacher88
    hace 8 años

• Lily Spider
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

There is a bad glare on the tile in the middle. I have minuet and used the white beveled subway tile from HD and it looks fine. My friend did a much higher end remodel than me and she used minuet and the same HD tile, and her kitchen is Houzz worthy :) Here is mine with the UCLs on. It's hard to tell colors on a monitor but both of those whites seem like they would work. I like the middle one too. It looks likeitmight have gray undertones?

for some reason I have been having trouble posting pics from my phone?

• Lily Spider
    hace 8 años

• cschumacher88
    hace 8 años

Lily Spider, thank you for your response. Your tile looks great with the countertops and I feel much more confident in paring there white tile with mine!

• cschumacher88
    hace 8 años

Here's a better pic without the glare

• Lily Spider
    hace 8 años

The middle one now looks like it might have pink/peach undertones? Colors on monitors are really hard. The one on the right looks white to me.

• Sofia Gita
    hace 8 años

Lily spider do you have a picture of the kitchen from further back.. what color are your cabinets? I just ordered my minuet for white cabinets and am also thinking subway tile.. not sure if its too much white.. also what color is your grout if you don't mind me asking! Thanks

• Lily Spider
    hace 8 años

My cabs are just the standard white. My grout was just plain white from Home Depot. I love white kitchens but once mine was done I realized how much I missed color. I painted the walls green, painted my island stools blue, and hung up a funky turtle clock. I am still looking for fun colored things to add but haven't found anything else I like. I also had the contractor include a turtle tile my dad gave me (over the stove). I am having trouble posting pics from my phone lately so it won't load. I will try again later.

• Lily Spider
    hace 8 años

• creativehomeowner C
    hace 8 años

lauralocks-please let me know which tile you show with the minuet (post on March 25 2015). looks like a crackle subway tile…did you end up going with it and if yes, may I see photos? Thanks!

• beckyao
    hace 8 años

Are you happy with your Polarstone Olympia kelleg69? I have been considering it!

• hollymac00
    hace 8 años

Hello all! I have been reading every word of all of your posts and loving all of your beautiful pictures. I too am considering the Rococo. I have a little problem. I just had my walls above my counters tiled about 2 years ago. My husbands choices........It is not my fav at all. Hubby would kill me if I had it ripped out. Also, the countertop that is currently there is a laminate wilth a backsplash. That being said, I would be forced to have the quartz backsplash instead of a fresh new one. Anyone have a backsplash too? I'mcurious about what it will look like. I certainly dont want to invest all that money just to end up looking cheap.

Advice?

• Diana Twyman-Davis
    hace 8 años
    I hope this picture helps you.
  • hollymac00
    hace 8 años
    oh that is lovely! the difference for me is that my back tile is not even close to being as lovely.
  • Diana Twyman-Davis
    hace 8 años
    HollyMac00 You may want to consider Viatera's new product Soprano that has brown tones if you are not going to replace your tile. Not sure the white/gray of Minuet or Rococo will flow (in my humble opinion).
  • hollymac00
    hace 8 años
    Thanks for the opinion! it's very ironic you should mention the Saprano. I have a picture of it next to my tile and it looks great! the only thing is , my house is so beige/brown now. I was really hoping to get something lighter. however if it doesn't look great, it doesn't make sense for me to go that route. below is a picture of the Saprano with my tile color and a picture of the minuete on the left (way to white) and the rococo on the right. I so badly want the rococo. but I fear it may be to white.
  • ald082175
    hace 7 años

For those of you using Minuet, what type of white are your cabinets? We are leaning towards a cabinet maker that has more of a soft white, vs. stark white. I'm not sure if it will go well with the Minuet.

• Lily Spider
    hace 7 años

My cabinets are bright white and I have Minute. You can order a sample from them for $10. It's really helpful to have a sample with you when you are looking at colors etc.

• homechef59
    hace 7 años

Order the sample. It came in handy. I have Rococo and SW Dover White on my cabinets and trim.

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

We selected Minuet. Haven't picked paint yet but we also want a soft white with no yellow undertones.

• creativehomeowner C
    hace 7 años

Did anyone consider the Vicostone Statuario or Vicostone Carrara? Right now my front runner is the Minuet BUT I was just introduced to the others and they are beautiful too.

• akakimono
    hace 7 años

Hello all, I've just finished painting my oak cabinets BM White Dove (neutral) and the colors in my house are all 'warm'. Kitchen floor light yellow toned oak. The walls next to kitchen BM Linen White (warm). Beginning stages of looking for a white granite, but disappointed in what I've seen. Would Minuet blend with warmer colors or is it very gray?

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

I feel like it's on the warmer side

• beckyao
    hace 7 años

I have BM White dove cabinets and BM Linen white walls with oak floors.I used Polarstone Quartz, Olympia for the counter. It is a marble look and we are very happy with the choice.

• maries1120
    hace 7 años

We were looking at Minuet for the bathroom vanity. It is beautiful. Since this isn't a full remodel though we needed to work with the existing wallpaper and other things. Minuet didn't quite work for me with that so we were going to go with Frosty Carrina. Then along came Viatera Soprano. I had ordered the small samples of Soprano twice and both times I ruled this out. But then I saw the bigger sample and was able to take that home. That was the one! I hope I feel that way after the install too but our contractor is going on vacation so that isn't until 8/23. Minuet is not as cool as Roccoco (also beautiful) but if you need a little warmer yet, then check out Soprano. It is newer so the first place I went to didn't even have a sample of it yet. Hanstone also has some really, really new ones that I was interested in but the showrooms hadn't received their samples of these.

• akakimono
    hace 7 años

Thank you.

• kwestonsmith
    hace 7 años

We purchased cabinets from Green Demolitions in Benjamin Moore Calm. Have decided on Minuet, after nixing Rococo and Silestone Lagoon. Has anyone else paired Calm with any of this? Not sure what white would look good on the walls with white subway tile, Minuet, and calm shaker cabinets.

• s s
    hace 7 años

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any pics of a kitchen with Viatera Soprano yet? Thanks

• Mary Prange
    hace 7 años

Has anyone used minuet with a dark brown cabinet stain - espresso. Aren't there taupe tones in minuet.

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

I just saw it with a darker / almost black stain. It looks great. Yes it has somewhat warm beige tones

• Michelle VERA
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I think dark against..Minuet look amazing Iam planning to used, I was going to used Aria but when they put 3 slabs together, the Aria, Everest Minuet, ..Minuet was the winner is so much cleaner, and my cabinets pops..with minuet, my island is 111 inches..i can't afford to be busy, minuet is white with grey/ alabaster grain, but tastefully done, not grains that all the place that I will get tired@

• Kath
    hace 5 años
    Are all of y'all still happy with your counters, specifically in the kitchen?
  • Lily Spider
    hace 5 años

I have had Minuet for 3.5 years and am still very happy with my counters. No stains. Easy to clean and care for. I actually just found my first small chip in the edge. Doesn’t really surprise me since it’s by the dishwasher and stuff hits the edge all of the time.

• John Chandler
    hace 4 años

My impression is

Minuet - better for warmer/creamier rooms:

Cirrus - better for cooler/greyer rooms:

My direction is the latter I think (since my cabinets are going to be a really pure white)

• David and Cathy Willauer
    hace 4 años

@John Chandler Did you consider the Soprano or the Roccoco?

• Jodi B.
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Interesting, John. I was thinking it was the other way around... We are getting Starmark Dove cabinets, which is the same color as Benjamin Moore's Dove White. It is an off-white with a slightly warm/ greige undertone. I really like Minuet, but I have not seen it compared to cabinets that are not stark white. Afraid the counter may make the cabinets look dingy. Any thoughts? We will also have a built-im buffet that is datk navy with the same counters, so we want something that would go with both cabinet selections.

• John Chandler
    hace 4 años

My kitchen just got finished with dove white cabinets and the cirrus counter. After all that anxiety about if I was making a mistake I now feel:

a) relieved and happy and liking what I see

b) a sense that a lot of my alternate choices would have worked too. And so I was worried for nothing.

Similarly for the backsplash and the grout color. I took ages trying to choose those too. One thing I know was a mistake that I avoided was that I didn't choose white for either of those that was more brilliant white and glossier than the cabinets. For my tastes that made my cabinets take the back seat and not the effect that I wanted. Now it's the cabinets that are the whitest thing in the room they look beautiful combined with Cirrus countertop and Julian Tile Metro White Matt backsplash tiles and Urban Putty color grout.

• Jodi B.
    hace 4 años

Thank you! I bet it looks great! I feel I'm overthinking this stuff, too. Glad to hear your anxiety is gone and your kitchen is beautiful.

• carolann1260
    hace 4 años

Has anyone used gray for a vanity with Viatera Minuet? This will be used in a small area that is part of a master bedroom, and I am looking for a cabinet color that looks good with honey oak trim. I think the gray I was considering is too dark, and while it has the warm undertones I feel we need to tie it all together, the sample door I have home just doesn't wow me. Can anyone recommend a gray they have used in a paint? We can have the cabinetmaker custom paint.

• Lisa Amos
    hace 4 años

For those that have used the Minuet quartz are you happy with the quality? Have you had any problems with chipping, staining or issues from heat?

• Lily Spider
    hace 4 años

I’ve had mine for 5 years now (I can’t believe that)! I’m still super happy with it. No issues with staining. I don’t put anything hot directly into the counter. I use a trivet. One small chip on the edge from hitting it with a heavy SS pot. Other than that not a single issue. Easy to clean and no sealing.

• Jodi B.
    hace 4 años

Lauralocks19, here is ours, with and without overhead lighting. Our kitchen is still a work in progress, so I didn't post a wider shot. Hopefully, it gives you an idea! so far, we love it.

• debru4
    hace 3 años

@John Chandler Your comment that Cirrus was brighter white than Minuet is the opposite of what I just read on another post. I am looking at these 2 options with Pure White cabinets. Do you feel either would clash and look yellow compared to the white cabinets? The other post made it sound like the Cirrus would be better with off white cabinets so I think your comments are very interesting. Is White Dove a slightly "off white" compared to Pure White?

• John Chandler
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

All materials will have a color which is a combination of an amount of cyan, an amount of magenta, and an amount of yellow. (or alternately it can also be expressed as amounts of red, green and blue). But also they have another measurement which is the LRV (the "light reflective value") which is the brightness.

Therefore, to my way of thinking there are two aspects:

- cool versus warm (this is the color)

and

- bright versus less-bright (this is the LRV).

To me it's a mistake to mix cool and warm. The three things (cabinet, countertop, backsplash) should all be consistently one or the other.. Some whites are so pure that they are neither one or the other and can therefore go with anything. I think White Dove and Pure White fall into that category. But some other whites are warm and others are cool.

Then the choice of what should be the brightest element is a separate question. In my case I wanted it to be the cabinets so I made sure that the white backsplash was subdued by not being too brilliant.

You can look up different paints and see the color and the LRV here. For example White Dove is

https://encycolorpedia.com/search?q=white+dove

You can immediately see the same name is very different depending on the company. (I used the equivalent of Benjamin Moore for my cabinets. It has zero cyan and zero magenta and just a teeny amount of yellow. If the yellow was higher it would make it warm, but it's so little so it doesn't have that effect). There is no paint that has zero everything (which would be a perfect white). So all whites have a touch of something. And the LRV is quite high at 86%

• Kath
    hace 2 años

John Chandler, do you have pictures of your kitchen you could post please?

• Maryann
    hace 6 meses

This is my minuet. It seems alot darker then the rest of yours. Almist looks like Rococo.

• rkmiller81
    el último mes

@sylvana117

i have revere pewter walls and white cabinets. which quartz did you go with? can you post a picture? im debating those quartz too

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    el último mes

Maryann...AGREE...that doesn't look like Minuet at all. Definitely Rococo. I hope you like it as well.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.