Houzz Logo Print
birdienewro

How do I Fasten a wood trellis to Stucco wall?

birdienewro
hace 18 años

I need to learn how to fasten a rose trellis, and other stuff, to our old stucco house. The trellis needs 2-3 inches of air space between it and the house. Do I fasten wood blocks to the house and then attach the trellis to the blocks? What can I use to fasten the wood without making big holes in the stucco? Special nails? Special drill or bits? I've accumulated hanging basket hooks and window box brackets, but I don't know how to install them. Thanks a million.

Comentarios (4)

• kudzu9
    hace 18 años

If it were me, I would choose not to drill into the stucco. What I have done in the past that works well is to dig a pair of small holes big enough for about a half a bag of concrete in each and then filled the holes with concrete and a short length of 1/2" copper pipe or 3/4" gray plastic electrical conduit. You can drill through these pipes and then bolt the trellis uprights to them. This works well as long as: a) the trellis is fairly substantial, and b) you use a level to make sure the support pipes are plumb.

• kudzu9
    hace 18 años

I forgot to add that once the trellis is bolted into position, you can screw a small wooden block to the back of the trellis (at the top) to bridge the space between the trellis and the wall. The block should be just a little fatter than the space, and this bracing, even though it is not attached to the wall, will give the trellis even more stability.

• glassquilt
    hace 18 años

I have a trellis on the west side of my house. The uprights are 4x4 and rest on piers bought at Mennards. It sits a good 3' away from the wall just outside the gutter on the eaves. The 4x4's are 4' on center, tied together using 2x4's and have latice board mounted. The whole thing is 20' long. The purpose of this trellis is to shade the west wall in the summer. (It was built before we got central air.) We live in a subdivision that's septic & well and doesn't have enough trees yet. The trellis is tied to the roof to stabilize it when we get gusty winds. It is flexible enough to take the freeze & thaw and sturdy enough to support clematis.

• housekeeping
    hace 18 años

I like the suggestions to add free-standing posts to attach the trellis to. I think your roses would be better for the air space behind them, too. And I know it will be more convenient to be able to de-mount the trellis with out unattaching something from your house walls. The plants growing-up-close-to-the-wall, or attached to it, thing is not something that is not good for either plants or buildings.

Molly~

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.