Houzz Logo Print
ilovecookie

Tielsa cabinets -- anyone heard of it?

ILoveCookie
hace 10 años

The kitchen and bathroom cabinets in my "new" old house are of the brand "Tielsa". The sellers of the house said it's a German brand. I am trying to find more information about this brand, in order to determine if the cabinets are worth keeping.

These cabinets are 30 years old. From what I could tell, they are laminate, and don't smell great when I get them damp (I found out about this during my initial deep cleaning). According to my plumber, "you could only see this kind of cabinets in dental offices". However, the drawers seem to slide smoothly (that is, still functional), so they don't need to be replaced right away.

Anyway, I wonder if this "Tilesa" brand is of good quality. If you know anything about it, I'd like to hear it. Thank you!

The only information I could find online using Google is as follows:

WhoâÂÂs cabinets are these anywayâ¦?

``The Alno Group -- a few years ago, it aquired the Wellmann Group, which years prior to that, aquired brands like Geba, Tielsa and StarBeka, to name just a few. There was so much overlapping in their offerings, that they ended up phasing these brands, one after another. A few years later, they were acquired by the Alno group and went through another round of phasing out brands. Still today, the group has some overlapping and in some parts of the world, they are selling a couple of brands, under the Alno label, though it is not an Alno kitchen..."

Comentarios (5)

• prose_ll
    hace 10 años

I have them... installed in the mid-1970s. They are particle board covered with a plastic coating. I've long-since had a cabinetmaker replace the "boxes" of most of the cabinets with maple plywood boxes, keeping the doors & hardware. The doors have retained their like-new finish & integrity... unlike lots of cabinet finishes & hardware which grow grungy with wear & tear over 5-10 yrs. I've also replaced most of the plastic drawers similarly keeping the face panel & adding full-extension, soft-close rails. They were fairly costly originally but were greatly improved with the new, more substantial wood.

• miramichier
    hace 8 años

I have a Tielsa kitchen from 1985. I have still never seen a design I like as much but, like prose_ll, dislike the particle board. I'm willing to replace the cabinets and keep the doors although some of them need the top edges replaced. My problem is, I'd like to add to it but can't imagine finding more doors for pantry pull-outs and drawers. I would totally endorse prose_ll's comments.

• modellie
    hace 8 años

Pictures please

• pippabean
    hace 8 años

Here is their website: http://www.tielsa.de/ They've got height adjustable countertops and they offer porcelain (think Neolith) countertops right on their website. Seems to me, they're way ahead of what can be found here.

• PRO
    Alno New York - Kitchens and Custom Cabinetry
    hace 8 años

Hello, please contact us at 305.576.2566.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.