Houzz Logo Print
donia1

pocket door for main bathroom

donia1
hace 11 años
trying to maximize space by using a pocket door.

Comentarios (9)

• charleee
    hace 11 años
    Are you looking for advice, or how-to, or????
  • donia1
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Looking for advice on whether it's a good idea or would it be weird? Resale?
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    I just wrote this whole opinion and then I erased it! Agh! Anyway, I personally love pocket doors. Doors that swing into a room can limit furniture placement. I don't think they're weird at all! And I don't know this for sure, but I'm betting the frames and mechanisms are built much better today than in the past. I say go for it!
  • zenhome
    hace 11 años
    They don't require the extra space to swing open, and thus add valuable space to the room. I have had one in my ensuite for 17 years and have not had an issue. I would go for it without hesitation.
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    I too love pocket doors, as long as they are solid, sturdy, not the least bit flimsy. The solid wood ones in old Victorian houses are always gorgeous, but there was a period in maybe the 1950's or 60's and a bit beyond when pocket doors got really flimsy and cheaply made (both the hardware and the door itself). Those kinds I associate with low quality construction, but I've seen beautiful pocket doors more recently that I'd be happy to see in a home I was buying. They are such great space savers..
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 11 años
    I personally would not use pocket doors in the main bathroom since it gets used regularly and I don't find them as user friendly. On the other hand, they are great in other areas where they don't need to be operated as constantly as in a bathroom setting.
  • donia1
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thanks for all the comments. Now I have to convince my husband,
  • PRO
    Woods Construction - TRW Construction, Inc
    hace 11 años
    Keep in mind - you can't hang an upper cabinet and you need to be careful hanging art on the pocket. The weight of an upper will bend the frame, a picture nail or screw can scratch the door and light switches and outlets (especially GFCI's) are a bit too deep to fit. Otherwise, they are good space savers.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.