Houzz Logo Print
cowboyy

What type of finish is used on the top of the kitchen island? satin, beeswax or something else?

cowboyy
hace 11 años
Northern Liberties, Philadelphia: Eclectic Kitchen · Más información

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    It has been sealed with a mixture of wax and mineral oil from the Real Milk Paint Company: http://www.realmilkpaint.com/soapstone-sealer-wax.html
  • Michele Wallace
    hace 11 años
    Did you buy the wood and then finish it for the counter or purchase it from a counter top retailer.
  • PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    We built the countertop ourselves and finished it ourselves.
  • cowboyy
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I found another option for my walnut slab. It is called Osmo Top Oil. A mixture of natural vegetable oils and waxes. It protects against all kinds of liquids, but it is NOT food safe so wouldn't be appropriate for a food prepping surface. I wanted a very specific natural low gloss finish that just enhances the natural wood without looking like it has 10 coats of polyurethane on it. You should check out their website and read about the product. Also, it is a "green" product too, if you care about that at all. Good Luck.
  • PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    I've used osmo on cabinets - see pic. It is a good product and will last longer than the Real Milk Paint product we used for the counter between applications.
  • cowboyy
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Beautiful wood. Also, love the backsplash.
  • cowboyy
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Is that a Rohl Faucet in the original picture with the island?
  • PRO
    Buckminster Green LLC
    hace 11 años
    I believe the faucet is from Cifial.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.