Houzz Logo Print
bjrv

Moss maintenance for Japanese Gareden

bjrv
hace 9 años
I live in Los Angeles and have tried to do a moss installation in my garden. The moss turned yellow and eventually died. Can you recommend where you typically purchase your moss and also maintenance/water requirements, soil recco's, etc. thanks
Modern Japanese Feel · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Matt Kilburn
    hace 9 años
    Hi there. Moss can be a bit difficult to get established, depending on the type selected and the amount of sunlight/moisture available. This moss is irish moss (sagina subulata), a type of moss that prefers full sun and well draining soil. There are other mosses that work better in shaded areas of the garden with wetter conditions. Without seeing the site conditions, I would guess that the moss didn't work out on your site because it wasn't getting sufficient drainage. This is usually when it turns yellow and dies off. Usually we purchase moss from the nursery, but it can also be purchased online at companies like moss acres (www.mossacres.com). Hope that helps.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.