Houzz Logo Print
dustyyy

Need back splash help for the kitchen!

dustyyy
hace 9 años
Been remodeling my entire house for a while now. It's been a slow process but it's starting to get there. I'm trying to find back splash for the kitchen now. We've done without for a year because we can't settle on anything.

Actual colors are:
Walls - Silver Sateen (behr)
Cabinets - not sure what white exactly, it's just the standard white lacquer without any tint.
Counters - Pegasus (hanex solid surface)

Comentarios (25)

• PRO
    Holzman Interiors, Inc.
    hace 9 años
    If you want to keep with the neutral color pallet you have, then I would suggest going with a back splash in a neutral color but with either an interesting shape or texture.
  • interiordesignme
    hace 9 años
    this one keeps it all cool and neutral -
    Capital Hill Residence · Más información
    but i think you could go with some warmth - something like this -
    Applewood West Residence · Más información
    i love this look- warm and clean,sleek lines
  • karielen
    hace 9 años
    I would pick up the warmer color in the countertop for the backsplash with some variation. Perhaps something like this stone backsplash:
    My Family, My Home, My Kitchen · Más información
  • dustyyy
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks guys, I just ordered some samples!
  • windingcreek_creations
    hace 9 años
    Beautiful transformation
  • leelee
    hace 9 años
    Don't darken your kitchen (amazing transformation) with a backsplash that's darker than your counter. Look for a bisque or cream tile. You could also do a herringbone using white and cream tiles--that would be fantastic--very subtle.
  • PRO
    Redhead-Studios
    hace 9 años
    I recommend this Quartz mosaic from Home Depot, mixed with white marble - used it to update a Tahoe kitchen w/ bad '80's tile border. No demo, dry stack tile glue up, kept neutral tile counters. Ran tile as a modified mosaic - Vertical/Horizontal mix - common marble behind the stove for easy clean - fabulous results.
  • PRO
    Redhead-Studios
    hace 9 años
    ...and by the way - your Kitchen tranformation is awesome!
  • Tina
    hace 9 años
    What a great transformation. I would agree with a lighter colour that everyone suggested and they provided you with great options.
  • Tina
    hace 9 años
    Yes I know what you mean by taking longer for your own projects. My husband is a contractor and works basically 7 days a week to renovate his clients houses and has very little time for our house, so every project we do takes years.
  • karielen
    hace 9 años
    You've done an excellent job - even if it did take a while! I like your backsplash choice.
  • PRO
    Blackman Plumbing Supply
    hace 9 años
    Try a nice grey subway tile like this one!
  • Emmy
    hace 9 años
    Do you like the stainless steel tiles? I think something like this would be perfect for you.
    10.3"x10.3" Large Brick Pattern Eden Mosaic Stainless Steel Tile, 5 mm Thick · Más información
  • dustyyy
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    All of the appliances are stainless. I was afraid it would be too much if the back splash was too.
  • Emmy
    hace 9 años
    Personally, I think if you're wanting to keep it neutral, the stainless would be ok. But personally, I'd probably put up a light blue glass subway tile ;)
    Jasper Blue 3"x6" Glass Subway Tiles, 10 Square Feet · Más información
  • jenniferh123
    hace 9 años
    I vote for the sample you posted. I think it will look good with all the white in your kitchen.
  • Margo
    hace 9 años
    I would do a back painted glass;)
    Deloraine · Más información
  • Margo
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    jenniferh123- click on the caption below pic, it takes you to the questions about project. It says they got the glass from a window manufacturer;)
  • PRO
    JPO Housing, LLC
    hace 9 años
    Hi all. Obviously quartz, glass, mozaics, etc. are all great options as standard go-to's with kitchen backsplashes. The owner has done an awesome job! I wish we could use this stuff on every job.

There are going to be people reading this thread that, unfortunately, may not have the monetary means for the material and time it takes to get that desired look and updated appeal.

An easy fix, without letting go of your hard earned dollars, is the following. Can you guess what it is?
  • PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    hace 9 años
    For a cost-effective and beautiful style, I would suggest a tile backsplash. We just completed a kitchen remodel in Laguna Niguel, very similar to yours. (See attached photo.) Read more about the materials used here: https://www.mrcabinetcare.com/laguna-niguel-kitchen.html
  • dustyyy
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Been a while, but I just got around to tiling the backsplash. The samples I got in were a bust, so I grabbed a few samples from home depot. The one I figured would be the least likely to win, won.. funny how that works.

MS International White Quarry Splitface Mosaic Wall Tile

• Lori
    hace 8 años

beautiful beautiful beautiful!

• karielen
    hace 8 años

Looks great!

• leelee
    hace 8 años

Nice!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.