Houzz Logo Print
msboc

Microwave advice needed

msboc
hace 9 años
There was an October thread about how to add an OTR microwave in a condo situation. My question isn't quite the same, so I'm starting a new thread.

I'm doing a kitchen refresh In a twenty year old kitchen: new countertops, sink, faucet and new appliances. Right now I have a very old countertop microwave sitting in the corner which is quite deep because of a lazy Susan in the cabinets below. I also have a recirculating hood over my electric range. I had planned to buy a OTR microwave. But now that I've looked at them and taken measurements, I'm not so sure.

My above the stove cabinets are 12" deep. The open space where the microwave would go is 15" tall and 30" across. I see that most OTR microwaves are at least 16" in height and 15" deep. So I'm wondering if a OTR microwave is going to look awkward protruding in two directions. I have 33" from the bottom of the cabinet to the range top.

Wish I could have a microwave in a cabinet, but that's not possible. Am I better off putting in a new hood and just getting a countertop microwave? I definitely hadn't planned on that.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and thoughts. (The Houzz community has been so helpful in getting me through the various problems and traumas of a bathroom remodel and now my kitchen re-do. )

Comentarios (17)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.