Houzz Logo Print
miken_fairbairn

Need help updating my moms fireplace for her

Mike N Fairbairn
hace 9 años
Need help figuring out a design. What to do!? The brick is in great condition but the wood has got to change. Any ideas would be super appreciated!

Comentarios (9)

• Maureen
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    You could remove one door and add logs. Paint other door same color as brick and change the handle to something more modern. Stain the wood an ebony and add accessorie on the mantle - layer her 3 pictures + other items - color vases in various heights, etc. Add a large wicker basket on the ledge. [houzz=
    Bright White Fireplace · Más información
    ];[houzz=
    Basement · Más información
    ]
  • sassy1254
    hace 9 años
    I'm thinking paint the doors and hinges same as fireplace even handles so the doors don't stand out. Then paint the mantle a rich black or very dark chocolate would give it a very updated look.
  • PRO
    MUMMEINTERIORS
    hace 9 años
    If you have to keep the doors trying taking them off and updating with a more modern door front. Do not paint the brick the color is fine and it is already in good condition. Darken the mantle and I am not sure what the fireplace wall color is but that could be changed out easily if needed. Good luck! Matt
  • lefty47
    hace 9 años
    HI -- I love this mid century style fireplace ! Paint the little cubby doors the same as the brick and then darken the stain on the mantel board . Other than that I think it is fine .
  • lnicol8
    hace 9 años
    Or maybe some open shelving instead of cupboards.
  • chrisdp
    hace 9 años
    So many things you could do in this area! I would leave brick alone. Paint the doors & stain the mantle darker. Maybe change out hardware on the doors. Do like a gallery style wall above mantle. Add a few things around the actual fire place just to make is warm & inviting. Really is a great area & wouldn't take much to update. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
  • Mike N Fairbairn
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful advice!
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    i would leave the doors..who wants more things to dust......:)
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.