Houzz Logo Print
dena_herane

painted woodwork verses stained woodwoork?

Dena Herane
hace 9 años
I have hard wood beech floors all through house. The great room (kitchen,dining, and livingroom) has a wood stained cathedral ceiling. This is all in a cedar rustic house. Looks resort of like mountains.

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Mottram Architecture
    hace 9 años
    I would paint window and door trim long before I painted floors due to wear and tear. Painting the ceiling white can increase the brightness of the room and make it feel larger. If you are just concerned about all of the "brown" with all the wood, consider adding cool colors to the walls like a neutral grey instead of tan or white. That will help modernize the space if you are trying to make updates. Painting the wood on the ceiling will give it more of a beach feel, so depending on where you are located, might not feel appropriate.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.