Houzz Logo Print
ndbari

Need advice about TV placement

ndbari
hace 9 años
I am wondering where to put the TV in our living room. We'll have some new furniture -- I'm thinking of two sofas at right angle to the fireplace facing each other, with a coffee table in the middle, and the tv on a stand against the back wall, i.e. directly opposite the fireplace. Would that work? Can anyone suggest a different way of putting it? (The doors you can see opposite the sofa in the photo lead out to the garden).

Comentarios (9)

• ndbari
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Just to clarify, the thing that worries me about the plan mentioned above is that then the sofas will be at right angle to the TV -- ok if we are stretching out with our heads towards the fireplace, but would it be a problem if we want to watch the TV while sitting?
  • ndbari
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Well, I'd like to avoid putting the TV over the fireplace if I can -- the viewing angle is too high. Any other ideas, anyone?
  • iolosdad
    hace 9 años
    A projector tv on a remote controlled drop down screen over the door curtains and have sofas as L shape to appreciate the fire or view of the garden and the tv would be hidden when not in use. And like a private cinema watching tv in the evening?
  • PRO
    M.E.G.A. AV Installations Ltd
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    If there is a room and depending how big is the TV, I would suggest mounting TV right of fire place, on pull out and swivel bracket. When not in use, TV is against the wall (if it fits in that alcove - great!) when in use, TV can be pulled out and swiveled up to 40 degrees either side. We have done this many times. Bracket can even be motorized..
    TV on the picture is massive 65", by the way...more pictures on our website and blog.
  • PRO
    The Pleasure Home
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

TV above Fireplace - solving the neck ache!

We would recommend above the Fireplace, but with a Picture Frame or better still converted into a Mirror TV. Most Lounges centre around the Fireplace, so it seems obvious to put it there for easy viewing - but they, by definition, are always mounted TOO HIGH ...

This month, we will be importing a new dynamic TV mount, that is specifically designed to easily lower TV's that are fitted above a fireplace/protuding mantelpiece for comfortable viewing. The target UK price for the slim mount unit will be £599 including the ability to swivel it left and right (see photos attached). This solution is also ideal for moving the TV away from toddlers when not in use!

Please also click on the two video links below (highlighted in green):

Comfortable TV viewing for TV's above fireplaces

Installer review of "down and out" mount over Fireplace

TV Framing

Regarding aesthetics, we regularly use local framing companies to put a custom frame, chosen by the client, around the TV. We combine this "picture frame look" with the connection of an AppleTV to display high resolution paintings or photos on the screen when they're not using it as a TV.

Mirror TV

If you have the budget we offer a special TV mirror bonding service, which is much less expensive than dedicated "MirrorTVs". We bond a special swiss manufactured glass onto the face of the TV, which behaves like a mirror when the TV is turned off. There are two finishes - "antique mirror" which is quite dark when the TV is turned off, but offers an excellent low amount of reflectivity when the TV is turned on (see picture below). The alternative is our "modern mirror" glass which is almost the same as a real mirror, but relatively reflective, so requires the lighting in the room to be dimmed when viewing the TV.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años

3 years old post

• Sam Potter
    hace 6 años
    it'll give you a cricked neck. I'd go to the side of the fireplace or on the wall opposite, with two sofas facing each other between them, as others have suggested.
  • ndbari
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks everyone, but I had posted this query in 2014! Problem long since sorted!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.