Houzz Logo Print
csmarnin

Mesh gutter guards

Cindy
hace 9 años
Need an opinion. Do mesh gutter guards help or cause issue in heavy rains? I have them, debating whether to remove. thanks!

Comentarios (4)

• jn3344
    hace 9 años
    I've used them. As long as they stay in their channels they are fine. But over time I have noticed they tend to come undone. If you install them correctly and check to make sure they are still in place they will last a long time.

I still had to get up there and clean periodically. But I had a lot of leaves at that house.
  • Cindy
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you...
  • PRO
    Bath Planet of Atlanta
    hace 6 años

You can buy gutter guards at Costco and Home Depot and Lowes, etc but honestly, I wouldn't want to install them myself anymore than I would want to wash the windows on the outside of a tall building - it is a life-defying job - Even single story homes offer too many opportunities to "fall off a ladder" when you are installing the gutter guards all around your home, AND when we install them you get a lifetime transferrable warranty - you don't if you do it yourself - in other words - overtime if something breaks or doesn't work - you are the one you call to fix it. Not fun. FOUR THINGS YOU WANT TO LOOK FOR IN GUTTER GURADS are - 1) they are stainless steal and NOT plastic. 2) They connect completely to the gutters and do not have openings where animals or bugs can crawl into and breed (think mosquitoes and Zika!). 3) They are at an angle and not 90 degrees - if they are at an angle any debris will fall off like a slide - if they are at 90 degrees, debris will collect on them and you will still have to clean them off. 4) They can catch tons of rain fall - GutterGlove is proven (and award -winning) for collecting 150 inches of rainfall a minute - that is a lot of rain! None of the other gutter guard companies can claim this and it is a big deal.

I hope this answers some homeowners questions about gutter guards! Please contact us if you have any more.

• Lynda
    hace 6 años
    Our guards were professionally installed by our gutter folks...we live in a very woodsy area and they've been very helpful in keeping the pine needles and leaves out of our gutters.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.