Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: Is Orange the new Black?

Tom Flanagan
hace 9 años
última modificación:hace 9 años
From hit shows to houses, orange really is everywhere, and it seems it's only the Parisians who are in denial that orange is the new black . A bold yet much maligned colour of the past has a much overdue place in the spotlight, and here at Houzz UK, we're ready to ride the waves of change (see here for more of our musings http://bit.ly/1u5bxvm). But how do you feel about orange? Is it hot or cold for you?

Cast your vote and let us know why in the comments below!

Layering textures is key to opulance · Más información
Yes - Orange is everything right now.
No - I don't understand the hype.

Comentarios (18)

• pavinia
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Maybe not everywhere but I do love pops of orange around the home, like this orange smeg...
    Traditional styling small city apartment · Más información
  • Anne George
    hace 9 años
    Orange is the best
  • paulineelawson
    hace 9 años
    I love orange. Any shade if it. However, I don't have it in my home at all. Why? Not sure! I can only think that I'm perhaps a little afraid of playing with it for fear of it turning into some type of soup looking pad.. I stick very much to neutrals, blues, and dark furniture. Perhaps one day when I'm brave enough to try, I will.
  • zantay16
    hace 9 años
    I used burnt orange in my lounge for feature wall. Was bit nervous and had many people pull faces at the idea but I love it!
  • Barry Higgs
    hace 9 años
    I used orange to bring a lot of warmth into the guest room.
  • Luciana
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Wow Barry, great transformation!

I used orange bits and bobs as an accent colour in our main bathroom (please disregard the green lighter, I'm just rubbish at staging!)
  • PRO
    Barnes Walker Ltd - Landscape Architects
    hace 9 años
    Yes, orange looks pretty good outside too. It contrasts so well with green, a great accent.
  • PRO
    Heath Photography
    hace 9 años
    Nice when used for accents or even in lighting to add warmth or interest.
  • timmy1976
    hace 9 años
    Orange is the new black. Its a bold choice though. I've used in my family lounge and playroom/storage/annex.
  • timmy1976
    hace 9 años
    Family lounge and open plan. Wasn't sure about it at first but love it now.
  • PRO
    Langscape Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Orange is an excellent colour. I find it particularly useful when bridging furnishings from different eras or styles.
  • Barry Higgs
    hace 9 años
    It works a treat. Love it
  • Bagashy Hassan
    hace 9 años
    I did this last, I think I may leave it until next year before changing
  • PRO
    Ankur Supekar
    hace 9 años
    Orange is the best
  • Catherine Hounslow
    hace 8 años

Touches of orange counteract the neutral colours in my living room .

• Nathalie Martin
    hace 8 años

Adding a touch of orange seems to really light up a room. Seeing these photo comments is making me want to add more orange to my house! :)

• User
    hace 8 años

Daughter hates orange, and she is the future, so no.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.