Houzz Logo Print
kathy_miller7135

Can you cook on a gas fire pit? Roast hot dogs, marshmallows, etc.

Kathy Miller
hace 9 años
Exquisite Fire Features · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    The Site Group
    hace 9 años
    Yes, you can cook over this. It has a double fire ring, with a 3/4" gas line. Plenty of BTU's for marshmallows and hot dogs!
    Kathy Miller agradeció a The Site Group
  • Kathy Miller
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you. There seems to be different opinions on this. For every one that says it is okay, there's one that says it is not a good idea. I don't know why it would be any different than a gas grill. Would drippings from meat harm the gas logs?
  • PRO
    The Site Group
    hace 9 años
    I am guessing the grease on ceramic logs is the issue. They are porous and would easily absorb grease. Cleaning them would be a difficult task. If you supervise the cooking, it can be done. We have heard a lot of comments from our customers how they love their fire pits!!
    Kathy Miller agradeció a The Site Group
  • Ville80
    hace 6 años

Curious if more have experience cooking with a gas fire pit. Want both a pit and grill to hook up with natural gas. Need to save for the grill I want. So hopeful can do some cooking if we get the fire pit to make due.

• PRO
    The Site Group
    hace 6 años

Yes, you can use the firepit for "campfire" cooking. Pie irons and marshmallows seem to be the most popular items. The only issue with meats is the grease that coats the ceramic logs/lava rock. The BTU's range from 75,000-125,000 so there is plenty of heat. Other than the grease issue, it is open to your imagination!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.