Houzz Logo Print
laurajazz

Calling All Paint Color Experts!

Laura Jazz
hace 9 años
I am rehabbing (on an extremely limited budget) an old building in small-town, Ohio -- a 1910 creamery building, to become my country law office. Attached are sketchup pictures to help you visualize. Hoping "paint" makes up for lack of real wood doors, etc. The color scheme I have in mind is painted black interior doors, white-ish trim, & stone (SW colonial revival stone?) walls. But - which black, which "stone", which white? Can anyone suggest brands/paint color names? Other paint ideas? I want it to look rich & elegant without spending the money. Thank you!!

Comentarios (4)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 9 años
    BM Dove white is classic and looks good in any room
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 9 años
    Bm ..black for the doors and decorators white is nice,also white cloud
  • Laura Jazz
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you Brandi -- there are so many shades of black. Am I over-thinking?
  • PRO
    Arianne Bellizaire Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Hi laurajazz!

I agree with Brandi that black doors are a nice touch. The key to effective color selection and "flow" is considering undertones. Take a look at the permanent fixtures and materials in your building. Try to identify which undertones are already present. This will give you a clue as to which "white" and which "stone" to go to.

Also, consider whether you want a "cool" color palette or a "warm" color palette. Not all grays are created equal! For a cool gray, look to Sherwin Williams 7064 Passive (which has blue undertones). A coordinating black would be SW 7069 Iron Ore and a white for the trim would be SW 7063 Nebulous White.

For a warmer gray, look to SW 7015 Repose Gray with a coordinating SW 7020 Black Fox and SW 7014 Eider White.

Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore have a ton of selections to choose from.

Hope this helps!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.