Houzz Logo Print
miquela

My question is regarding a curbless shower.

miquela
hace 12 años
My builder tells me that there has to be at least a 1/4" drop at the transition between the bathroom floor and the shower pan. I know I have seen showers where there is a smooth transition. The shower is 4'6" deep and 7' wide, with a frameless shower door on the 7' dimension and a horizontal channel drain along the back 7' wall. Is the builder correct that there must be a small drop at the transition between the bathroom floor and the shower pan?
Modern Bathroom · Más información

Comentarios (8)

• motherbear
    hace 12 años
    John Whipple on this site and @ http://no-curb.blogspot.com/ offer expert advice.
  • PRO
    Gorgeous Homes, Inc
    hace 12 años
    well, there has to be a drop for the water to get to the drain, since most likely the tile sizes will be at least 12x 12, ( in a modern style ) they can slope the tile so that the water will get to the drain, furthermore, these type of drains are long and cant be bent. Make sure he waterproofs the floors very well.
  • PRO
    Rapid Recess
    hace 12 años
    Miquela, please, see our drawings for clarification. THere is no drop but a slight angle on the last tile to create a "valley" for the drain strainer. I would be more than happy to explain.
  • PRO
    LETTER FOUR, INC.
    hace 11 años
    We are getting ready to install a curbless shower and really appreciate the great installation information and details on your site. Thank you for the help QuickDrain!
  • PRO
    TASCH - GROUP
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Miquela, there is not only one way to do it. There are more possible solutions to built a transition free curbless shower. It is all depending on your situation and your circumstances. However most important is to use the right materials.

Our advice: Let do the job only by an experienced and skilled tile setter. Ask him whether he has done similar projects in the past. Ask for evidences. Let him explain what exactly he will do to and what materials he will use to accomplish his work.

Do your homework and sped time to find a company you can trust to avoid headache and frustration.

If you have any further questions or need any advices, please don't hesitate to contact us. It will be a pleasure for us to help you.

3D-Tile-Design - Bertram Tasch - http://www.3D-Tile-Design.ca
  • Qi Wang
    hace 8 años

Where can I get this drain please?

• darryl6341
    hace 8 años

Hi Qi Wang,

This is Darryl what is your zip code so that I can recommend a reseller, or click the link for the where to buy site. http://www.quickdrainusa.com/where-to-buy/

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.