Houzz Logo Print
shfirebaug

re: outdoor concrete countertop

Shelly Firebaugh
hace 9 años
I love the look of this concrete countertop and am wondering if you could please tell me what the finish is on it (color, sealer, wax, etc). I'm trying to achieve a semi-gloss look just like this and it would be helpful to know what product was used on the countertop in your photo. Thank you!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Interior Concrete
    hace 9 años
    This is a penetrating sealer so the sheen you are seeing is a result of polishing the concrete. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • PRO
    West Bay Landscape Co.
    hace 9 años

This is very nice. What type of concrete did you use and what color if any was added.

• Jeff McGowen
    hace 9 años

It is grey concrete with a light glaze. We used black stain to glaze it. We blotted it with stain while using a weed torch and the came on top with a couple of light coats to blend it in. Blot heavy covering the entire surface and it will puddle and start lightly torching it very sporadically. You can also use a trowel and give concrete some cool movement. I do not recommend this if it is going to be completely exposed to the elements. It will wear off. It takes some getting use to so try it on samples first.

• PRO
    West Bay Landscape Co.
    hace 9 años

Thanks Jeff,

Just a couple more questions:

Was the stain applied while pouring / finishing the counter or after it has cured?

How dose the torch fit into the process?

What does "and the came on top with a couple of light coats to blend it in." mean?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.