Houzz Logo Print
rusticglamour

Please help me design my barren conference room. .

Adrianne Moore
hace 9 años
última modificación:hace 9 años
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites. This is my ugly conference room. The room is 12 by 12 with one door and some windows. Two of the windows look onto the room where our programmers work. No one works in here but it is used for presentations and discussions. Help! It does not represent the creativity that takes place here! I am open to painting, changing window treatments, area rugs, etc. not sure I am able to change ugly overhead lighting!!

Comentarios (132)

• J D
    hace 7 años
    I'm not sure how well that one will work. I think there should be a warm color or warm wood to go w the warm tones in your table. Otherwise it might be too incohesive seeing as how they are both different styles. Do you know what I mean?
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    But if you are stuck on the chair, you can try to see what it looks like w the table and see if you like it
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I am not stuck on the chair. I like the midcentury ones posted but I appear to be a minority. I saw something from RH modern that was a tan linen but may be too light and expensive. I also liked wood arm chairs from west elm but may be the only one to like them as well
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    And your team likes the rolling white chair? I don't think that would be the best choice. Maybe you guys can keep searching? Do they want rolling chairs? I can post some mcm chairs on rollers if that's what's wanted?
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    They do not like the white chair either. I think we will stay away from wheels. They were talking about them but I think that is not the way to go. I still nee to do some research and see how to mix I have done an entire house and two outdoor spaces This space puzzles me. This is probably because I had free reign on those other spaces! Going to RH outlet today
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Like this chair but not sure where it is from. Mixing woods??
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Oh that chair is perfect! And yes mix woods for sure! Just make sure that you buy a chair w warm undertones because that is what your table has. That is the key to mixing woods. Some people get into deeper detail about grains and specific colors in undertones, but I think that makes it too complicated.
    Regardless, that chair works! Mayhe I'll search for chairs similar to it
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I found some but not perfect match. I'll keep looking. All of them come in black (except maybe first one may not), even if they aren't modeled in black. Did you find anything today at rh?

• J D
    hace 7 años

Limit on pics lol. Few more. They come in black too

• J D
    hace 7 años
    So close!!!
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 7 años

Back to lighting - lamps (floor and table) will make an amazing change to the space. Adding lighting so florescents could be turned off was always my priority when moving into a new office. People gravitated to my office because the lighting made them feel more comfortable and at home. I think it actually got people into a different mindset and they were more open and expressed themselves differently than in the regular surroundings of the offices. Put light at every outlet you have. Use the multi-plugs to give you more plug-in options at the outlets. I would do a storage unit or bookcases under the high window where you have the round mirror. As for chairs; something with arms for sure. Otherwise, people will be leaning on the table a lot. They're more creative when they can push back and support all of their body on their chair.

• Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Liked all chairs posted. I especially liked the last ones. What retailer? The RH outlet is great and only 6 miles away.
    Hit or miss. I will hit it again on Sunday. I think the woods there were all a grayish or dull finish at that time. I will look again. I saw chairs like the ones you posted in west elm and I will go look at them this week some time

I loved the lighting suggestions. The light in the front office is linked to the one in the back so when one is on, they both are on. I would have to keep them both off. The front room is twice the size with about 6 computer stations. that is a lot
    Of lamps!
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    It's on wayfair. It's pretty pricey though. Approx 1,000 bucks. The others are much more reasonable

http://www.wayfair.com/Soen-Desk-Chair-VSR1548-VSR1548.html
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Someone's probably already mentioned this, but I would not have a mirror in there at all
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    No mirror. It is going. No need for one. It figures I liked the most expensive chair!

I have no idea where these are from
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Like this
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Hahahah. That kitty!
    And ok I can try to search for some buffets and chairs like these. Be back soon
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Sideboard was an easy one! West elm. I'm not a fan of the chairs w the table tbh, but I can try to find them still
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    I'm so silly! I didn't realize that you probably knew where the sideboard was from already (you didn't ask for help to find it). And I've been looking for the chairs to no avail :(
  • J D
    hace 7 años

Started looking again. Found this. Not perfect though. And the other three reminded me of the first black chair you liked. But the wooden one is 900 bucks. The blue are a set of four for 1000 bucks so more affordable. The upholstery on the blue is kinda funky though lol. The black one is 245 dollars so wayyyy better than some others

• Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Like them all. I especially like the last ones. The first ones were originally what I was looking for but I think they may be too light in weight for the weight of my heavy table and its bottom
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Let me know if I can do anything else:)
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 7 años

Back to lighting again! Remove the ballasts from the fixtures in the conference room so nothing happens when the lights go on in the other office. Place one floorlamp conveniently near the door so you can turn it on when you come in the room.

• Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Like that last idea. Now we are choosing carpet for the entire two room area. Thinking of layering a rug over whatever wall to wall we choose. Holy wall to wall! I need help in choosing this. This will be in both rooms not just our 12 by 12 conference room
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    This is a detail of an 11 by 8 foot rug I saw that I thought was attractive. Lots of Browns oranges and blues. What does everyone think.? I have craftsman lamps that have these colors? Too girly or earthy? Want to layer over the wall to wall industrial carpet. The lamps have are square and I guess are some what prairie style with these colors. I was attracted to this rug. Ralph Lauren
  • Pajarito
    hace 7 años

Sorry, but that area rug choice does not say modern or creative conference room to me. If you have the right wall to wall you will not need to layer a rug on top. I go with the gray or natural color samples for the carpet.

• Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks!
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    How do I treat this wall? What do I do with window treatments for that short window!?????? The area over the mirror is a tiny window. Mirror is going
  • J D
    hace 7 años

I thought you were going w a midcentury rustic feel. I don't think adding craftsman style lamps and a traditional rug/Asian influences will work. Stick w midcentury and rustic styles for the rest of the room imo:)

• J D
    hace 7 años
    If you want curtains, they will have to be very tailored.
    1) blinds: cover the larger Windows w two blinds. They can even be patterned/cute. I wouldn't cover the small window at all. It looks awk covered
    2) for curtains, treat the two larger Windows as one window, and put one curtain rod above them. Leave small window uncovered
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    You could use a curtain rod over all three windows, but tbh, I'd recommend blinds in a work space
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Also w the carpet, like above said, neutral is probably best. Not overwhelming and decor can be changed in the future
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Something like these. Obviously color will depend on rest of room decor. I'd focus on the rest of the decor before deciding on blinds. Like the rug, the carpet, the chairs, receiving the table lol, artwork, etc. THEN paint color and blinds/curtains
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Printed options too!
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Bought lucite desk chairs with arms and wheels. Looking at white 2in thick blinds with black tape picked out the dark brown carpet. I am thinking of paining the walls a light blue gray color since rugs and table are dark
  • J D
    hace 7 años

Oh that sounds super modern and cool! Love it. Even a black rug would look really cool w everything you've mentioned. W the image I have in my head, having white walls would be cool too. Can't wait to see a pic:)

similar idea

• Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Love the photo. We will see.
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Table like this. Chairs similar
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Yes exactly what I was thinking! I love it!
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Made some changes
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Legs on table are wrong. The company is coming to replace them with the wood ones I ordered. I was mad when they got it wrong!
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Wow wow wow...love your choices. And love the blue color! Gorgeous. And yes the different legs will look even better. So what's next?
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Only thing I can suggest is to hide the tv cords in the drywall
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes. We are working on a very large canvas of the city sky line for the other room Not sure what is next. I am pushing for a large plant but getting resistance. That cord has to go
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Why is there an uneven amount of chairs? You could get a different chair for the end of the table (not the side near the tv) and put the the extra chair in another room. Or just put the existing chair on the end. Was just suggesting different chair for extra interest:)
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    Were you able to change the lighting? Also, having some wall art as opposed to prints and paintings would add interest too!
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    There are six chairs. I guess the photo did not capture that
  • Adrianne Moore
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Not able to change the lighting. I wish!
  • J D
    hace 7 años
    lol I guess since they are lucite I miscounted. Anyways, still think a wall sculpture or something like that would be amazing:)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.