Houzz Logo Print
allan_hume

Looking for Wallpaper

Does anyone know where this wallpaper is from or were I can find similar?

Comentarios (21)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 9 años
    Not sure - but you might be able to create a similar effect with paint and varnish ?
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a OnePlan
  • PRO
    VERVE
    hace 9 años
    If you go for paint option, F&B Hague Blue is a similar hue
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a VERVE
  • PRO
    Pat Gericke & Associates, LLC
    hace 9 años
    I've used this technique before; to get the richest results use an egg shell finish, and then create the second stripe with a glaze over it to create the alternating stripe. I also agree that the Farrow & Ball Hague Blue is a beautiful blue that reads like this blue.
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a Pat Gericke & Associates, LLC
  • cinderellaslipper
    hace 9 años
    Why not buy two different types of paper then put them up in alternating bands?
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a cinderellaslipper
  • PRO
    Jane West Interiors, Inc
    hace 9 años
    I think the one behind the headboard is textured like a grass cloth - York SH 5061 looks similar. The other stripe looks like paint to me.
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a Jane West Interiors, Inc
  • PRO
    Robin Lechner Designs
    hace 9 años
    Pat's idea to use two paint textures would work wonderfully! Try Ralph Lauren's suede finishes alternating with a Benjamin Moore metallic. Tie the two together by covering the wall with a transparent glaze.
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a Robin Lechner Designs
  • PRO
    Edward Lobrano Interior Design Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Why don't you call the designer and ask them what they used and how they used and how this was done. Was it one wallpaper or a mixture of things.
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a Edward Lobrano Interior Design Inc.
  • PRO
    Ginger Upholsteries
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I don't know who the designer was?
  • Tara Alston
    hace 9 años
    I love this design. I never thought wallpaper could look like this.
  • PRO
    Robin Lechner Designs
    hace 9 años
    You're quite welcome Allan. I have an account with York and Seabrook wallpapers. Let me know if you'd be interested in finding an actual wallpaper for your room.
  • nanasuesto10
    hace 9 años
    I created a similar effect on wood paneling. I used flat, water based paint first and the stripe was then created by painting high gloss urethane between parallel lines of painters tape. I had been told it also could be achieved by using the same colored paint but in a high gloss finish.
  • susan9692
    hace 9 años
    Looks more like a special blending paint technique and was professionally done.
  • togetherbydesign
    hace 9 años
    Had it done many times with paint.
    One band flat the next band egg shell or satin.
    Dark colors make it harder....because you can't take a bathroom brake while doing a band (trust me on this it will show when using dark paint colors)!!!
    Painting this look is cost effective and easy to undo if you choose to change the look.
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a togetherbydesign
  • Cristina Rivera
    hace 9 años
    You are going to want to paint instead of wallpaper. :) That is a really dark color. Make sure you have lots of light in your room.
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a Cristina Rivera
  • gay1lynn
    hace 9 años
    I don't know the wallpaper but I have a wall that looks just like that only black. I used flat paint for the velvet look and a high gloss for the satin look. It was very easy to do. I painted the entire wall with the high gloss, let it dry, taped off the stripes the size i wanted and then painted the flat. Use the same color just a different sheen. The only problem, when painting the high gloss, always paint in the same direction, any strkes in a different direction will show up like a sore thumb. You should try it, it came out stunning! GK
    Ginger Upholsteries agradeció a gay1lynn
  • michelewickman
    hace 9 años
    Try suede wallpaper possibly Philip Jeffreys
  • Whitney Kahler
    hace 9 años
    You can get the same effect with paint. Use the same color for both stripes but one is matte and one is gloss.
  • charbaugh
    hace 9 años
    Valspar has a Faux paint scheme that creates that effect. The base color is Satin or gloss and the shiny stripes has the same base color but is mixed with a pearlescent paint base. The shiny stripes should be painted in only one direction to enhance the shine.
  • PRO
    True Colours Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Harlequin have a wallpaper collection called Landscapes that are quite similar - although not colour wise
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.