Houzz Logo Print
jogarland

Contractor reviews......

Jo Berner
hace 9 años
I posted a review about a contractor that apparently was deleted. Who has the ability on this site to delete or dismiss a valid review? If I am going to spend a large amount of money with a contractor I would want to know the good as well as the bad. Now I'm feeling wary of contacting a business because the not so good comments have been deleted.

Comentarios (43)

• hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años
    Post it again to see if it might have been a computer glitch. If it still doesn't post, email the powers that be to find out they won't post it.
  • ispoildogs
    hace 9 años
    Hi, perhaps if you repost this to the Using Houzz section more of the website administrators/Houzz employees will see it and hopefully, give you an answer.

I prefer to use Angie's List to research tradespeople and companies I do business with. The small membership fee cuts down on fake reviews and other funny business that you sometimes get on free websites. (I'm not saying that's what happened here, just that it happens.)

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/using-houzz-dsbr0-bd~t_28565
  • Leslie Weinberg
    hace 6 años

They are either deleting or not posting negative reviews of certain contractors. They did not post mine.

• Leslie Weinberg
    hace 6 años

That's for sure. The contractor I fired advertises on the site. All his reviews are positive, and they all appear to be similar in wording.

• Laura Koleas
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I agree. The architect I hired had only great reviews. She was a disaster to work with! It took her 2x as long to finish the plans and totally disregarded my budget as all my bids came in 3x as expensive as my budget was. Her tag line on Houzz is that she works within her clients budget. Lies! I will never use or recommend Lampert-Dias.

• Leslie Weinberg
    hace 5 años

Budget? Ha. I did not do due diligence and discovered too late that 1) He isn't licensed. 2) He was required by NYS law to give me a written contract and a written two year warranty on work and materials. I got neither. He refuses to give me back close to $5000.00 he had on account for the work he never finished ( since I fired him) . He charged me for almost three times the number of tiles I needed for my basement floor, $10,000 for "items" ( none specified) from Home Depot, and padded the labor bills quite a bit. Since Houzz will not let me post a review, this guy will go on bilking people.

• Eitan Amir
    hace 5 años
    I also got scammed by Houzz.
    I paid my architect tens of thousands of dollars only to discover that he was not licensed by New York after 4 months of permit rejections!!
    We need to team up on this and go after HOUZZ.
  • Doug Findlay
    hace 5 años

I also had a bad experience with a contractor I found on HOUZZ. It might be the place where bad contractors go to find jobs.

• Celeste Baxter
    hace 5 años

I also have been unable to post a bad review on HOUZZ for a contractor that signed a contract to make payment to the electrician and plumber and instead closed and cleaned out his storefront and ran off. Procraft Fine Cabinet and Woodwork in Des Peres MO.

• M Grimaldi
    hace 4 años

Me too! I have tried three times - each time they said it could not be published with no explanation. I have sent emails, but have not received anything but an automated response so far. Here is a picture my the back splash (probably the least of the problems in my kitchen installed by Carl Forestieri). No one should have to go through the expense and aggravation that I did on this project.

• Keith olmstead
    hace 4 años

I went through the home presentation to find the best price for advertising was 350.00.
    I'm a small one man company and can't afford to pay that much a month, but houz went a head and withdraw the money anyway and set up a wed page .
    very happy with houzz
    keith

• PRO
    Elegant Custom Images
    hace 3 años

i do know that you can posts review on google and have heard it us very hard to get it removed. bad experiences should be posted. houzz is one of the better ones. home advisor is as well. home advisor does background to check license requirements, etc. angie's list, houzz, yelp. helps to check dbpr for needed certifications and license. if we get certified by state if fl, they do backgrounds on finances, records, etc. that really gives home owner leverage if something is not right with work done.

• Kathy Kirk
    hace 3 años

Putting in a good word for Chris Dickey, Largo Green. He repaired my back fence recently. Was very professional and did a great job!

Best, Kathy K

• PRO
    Eagle Roofing Contractor
    hace 3 años

On 11/14/19 HOUZZ sold Eagle Roofing Contractor a lead service "Pro-Service". We were promised leads for $150 per month yet LEADS were never delivered. Several Calls were made to our Sales Rep Mariana Magness who after selling us the service claimed she no longer worked for HOUZZ . We were promised an estimated number of leads per month but, there were no leads delivered. On January 16, 2020 I emailed an called Justin Ignacio justin.ignacio@houzz.com (949)312-4331 and asked that they cancel our account since there were no leads coming in. After that conversation, Justin Ignacio stopped receiving our calls and HOUZZ keeps charging our Account. OUR COMPANY HAS PAID OVER $1200 AND NO LEADS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE HOUZZ. Terrible Service. Customer beware!!!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 3 años

Eagle, you're SOL. Houzz has done what they promised to do, which is old-school placing of your ad, not ever guaranteeing any results.

Look at it as tuition and don't be so foolish with your advertising dollars in the future. You're only about the millionth contractor who has made this complaint. I don't know how Houzz lives with themselves.

• Usuario de Houzz-650896704
    hace 3 años

Houzz removes, or refuses to post, reviews of companies which pay them.

• Nick
    hace 3 años

They did the same to me for Wallflower designs. She claimed to have given a refund and they bought it without investigation or proof

• Nick
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Houzz only stands behind the scammers not the innocent consumers. They want you to sign up to their service just so they can get a commission from an un-honest (designer) in my case (wallflower designs) then backs them when a review is left without any research

• Usuario de Houzz-713596641
    hace 2 años

My man is a contractor. A very good and fair man. Houzz is just a way to advertise. He is not even on there yet but will be. Review the contractor in other places. Angie's List and Home Advisor rip their contractors off. They are both owned by the same people. Stop using them please. They have class action lawsuits against them for a reason. Ask for references. Google them. A good phone conversation will tell if the contractor is knowledgable. They will sell themselves to you. In my experience, his few bad reviews we unstable people who did not want to pay for services rendered. Cheapskates who tried to avoid payment and try to cause altercations. This is not the norm. Do the research and find the right contractors for you. Just stay away from Angle's and Home Advisor. Use Google. If you use Google Voice, you will get great suggestions. I hope this helps.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 2 años

Home Advisor does rip contractors off; that's why I ended my 12 1/2 year relationship with them. I refused to let them steal from me.

I have some poor reviews and wouldn't change them if I could. It isn't if a contractor is going to get a bad review, it's when. Any potential customer who doesn't find value in my response to my reviews may pass me by. Poor reviews force potentials to choose whom to believe and that's incredibly valuable.

• Jo Blew
    hace 2 años

I reviewed a contractor and said it posted. Since it wasn’t a great review and the person has a site on Houzz it was never posted. I would never hire anyone that has a sit on here. Since they are paying if someone writes an honest post that happens to be bad it will not be posted. I’m deleting the Houzz app, what a scaam

• Usuario de Houzz-194521365
    hace 2 años
    1. We hird this guy last year to do work. His name is Robert A Padilla. He based out of PhPhoenix Arizona. He did work for my wife and I and he seemed like a Ok guy. But his work tells it all. Don’t ever trust him. You get what you pay for. His work is just the worst. You can google him. This is his face book also.
    2. thats also his email add. People. Take my advice. Do Not do anything with this guy. You will Reregret it.
    3. rpadilla15168@gmail.com

hace 2 años

He is bad. His work is very bad. You pay low you low price work.

hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

You DO NOT hire Robert A Padilla (age 41) want make sure cause with his last name. A millon pop up. So I want to make sure its clear and protect others from having him do work for you.

• PRO
    Monpol Services Inc
    hace 2 años

I can’t believe how they can sleep with that! I’m Pro paying $300 a month they are sending fake leads so l stopped paying. Christopher ( probably the manager) threatened me that he will give my company to collections.

SHAME ON YOU

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 2 años

Houzz runs a nice website, but their ads aren't worth a damn.

• PRO
    Fence Kings
    hace 2 años

So far houzz is a scam and i have been lied to an decieved at every turn ….

ive paid for the month to month pro membership and havent heard from any one since fraud

former Sheriffs Deputy ..!!! i reccomend all to stay away from houzz

hopefully theres a class action suit in the future 😉

• Nick
    hace 2 años

This is one of those "learn from your mistakes" companies. Beware!!!

• PRO
    Fence Kings
    hace 2 años

Houzz pro is a rip off …. if your looking for leads you will not receive any !!!! all comtrators should stay away …. former Sheriff Deputy !!!!!! stay away !!!!! they will loe and decive you at ever turn

• PRO
    Fence Kings
    hace 2 años

I was lied to !!! i was told i could contact some one any time of day or night !!!

havent been able to get in touch with any one

once ive paid its like they all just left no phone calls or any thing

• PRO
    Fence Kings
    hace 2 años

Class action suit !!!!!!!

• Jacqueline Gillespie
    hace 2 años

Hines Homes builds a beautiful and high quality home. They exude a positive energy and are professional and attentive to details. Their team contains individuals who care and give their best.

• Regina
    hace 2 años

Correct, Houzz has not allowed me on two attempts to post a negative review.

• Nick
    hace 2 años

Make it a teachable moment. They refuse to play fair

• Usuario de Houzz-202070563
    el último año

Houzz has not posted 2 of my reviews that were 1 and 2 stars.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    el último año

That's hardly surprising. I shows a lack of understanding of how business works these days.

When you're a doctor, it's not if you're going to be sued for malpractice, it's when. Same thing with contracting.

Houzz thinks it's doing its advertising customers a favor by not allowing negative reviews. This is pure folly. Smart contractors realize that the evaluation by potential customers of the contractor's response to a negative review is marketing gold.

• Nick
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

Houzz is on team contractor. There is no profit in your opinion. The same thing happened to me here in Michigan with a designer that turned out to be a flooring salesperson. Lesson learned hopefully. Google review everything

• Joseph Laughlin
    hace 10 meses

Houzz is a terrible company.

I was convinced by a sales rep that they could promote my business to particular areas that I paid extra to receive leads from. I never got a lead in ANY of the areas I paid for. I hardly got any leads at all. I paid $2500 for a year membership.

I was told that I would get a reminder before renewal, and that renewal would be month to month if I chose to move forward. I never got a reminder. I noticed the renewal in my bank account and called that same day. I let them know that I didn’t want to renew, and also wanted a refund. They refused and over so here I am, to let it be known.

They are basically using a renewal contract to keep customers prisoner and steal their money. I run a business of course and couldn’t IMAGINE operating in this way. I’m in awe that this company can be so disgusting. I haven’t lost my mind in years but was dropping f bombs left and right with these people.

There are better companies out there, DO NOT USE HOUZZ!!!

• PRO
    505 MGI PAINTING LLC
    hace 9 meses

I been charged and haven't had any information as far I have not has any services. Or website.

• Nick
    hace 9 meses

Houzz is out to screw consumers. I wouldn't hire any company tied to them!

• Luz G
    hace 6 meses

I was unable to post a fair, but negative review about a general contractor. I did a little bit of research and discovered that it is an ongoing problem with HOUZZ reviews. My conclusion is that their reviews are screened, and only the positive ones are posted. This is not a review method that can be trusted. HOUZZ gets two thumbs down. Google reviews are much more reliable.

• Usuario de Houzz-163003739
    hace 4 meses

We had a nightmare experience with a Pacific Beach contractor and filed a claim with CSLB and won an arbitration award. We can't seem to be able to post a negative review to Houzz.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.