Houzz Logo Print
mariel888

Does my Living room need more decors?

mariel888
hace 9 años
My house is an old 70s style but i want to make it look modern. What should i change in my living room? I want it simple and minimalist but i think it looks empty. Your thoughts on this please.

Comentarios (5)

• Bridget Jutz
    hace 9 años
    Move the drapes up almost to the ceiling. This will make the windows look larger and remove some of the dead space in the room.
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    How about trying the couch in front of the other window, since it is a higher window and it will face the entry that way, too, and open up the nice big window there. Place the striped chair next to the couch in front of the window where the couch was. Then the white chairs can go across from the couch and make the foyer separate and make a nice conversation area by facing the couch and the other chair. Have one side table work for the couch and the other for the chair, as it needs something for a drink or a book, too.

Your floor lamp is awesome!

Maybe tighten up the side drape panels....making them skinnier than they are now.
  • PRO
    Studio41 Home Design Showroom
    hace 9 años
    The two chairs on the left don't look like they belong in this space... It looks more of an eclectic room to me with the various furniture. Having something more solid, but with straight, clean lines, will help fill the space more.
  • PRO
    Barn & Willow
    hace 9 años
    you definitely need some nice drapes. check out our belgian linen drapes @ barnandwillow.com
  • PRO
    Daniel Dionne Designs llc
    hace 9 años
    I think you have some very interesting elements in play here. I happen to LOVE the white chairs, but they are lost in the mix. Move the sofa to face the window. LOSE the lamp tables. they look borderline country. consider metal or industrial or dark wood tables and don, use pairs. Love the floor lamp, love the cocktail table. I really think the sofa is cool too. They say cool and chic, both. You could use some small punches of color or at the very least, higher contrast, ie: black and white. You don't really need to do much, but LOSE the tables. Raise those drapery panels so they don't break at the floor. Anathema to the look you want. They look like a "near miss" mounted at this height. They should just clear the floor and hang freely. You could also use another more substantial seating element. The sofa overpowers every other element in the room. What am I seeing in the foreground of the image? Barstools? Dining Chairs? I'd love to see a broader image of the room, or an image taken from the window. I feel like you are headed in the right direction, really. Have fun.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.