Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5195216

Matching hardwood or changing direction in kitchen

User
hace 9 años
We have hardwood in our living/dining and hallway. We want to replace tile and carpet in adjoining playroom and kitchen with hardwood but are having a terrible time matching the wood.

Does anyone have advice for matching Brazilian cherry?

If it can't be matched is laying the new wood, same colour, different width in a different direction an option?

Comentarios (8)

• Oana Thathotel
    hace 9 años
    Can you experiment with a similar hardwood and various stains to see if you can get a colour match? I would change the direction of the wood in the kitchen/playroom.
  • PRO
    Select Hardwood Floor Co.
    hace 9 años
    If given all of the "particulars" (widths, thickness, construction: solid vs. engineered, etc.)involving your existing Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba), someone like us could probably produce flooring in the same dimensions, color, specie, etc.
    And do so in a "custom" prefinished format, although a very slight "micro-bevel" would be a recommended feature.
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 9 años
    A professional, custom match would be the "perfect" solution. The DIY solutions involve moving to another species, running on an angle and HOPING that no one comments on the two different woods.

It can be done. It can be done very well by someone like Select Hardwood. It will not be a DIY project.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Oh gosh don't worry no DIY plans! But am having trouble finding someone in Vancouver BC who can do it. Everyone we talk to discusses partial matches or trying their best but no real solutions!

Anyone recommend someone in Vancouver?
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Also I like the idea of two wood colours. What would go well with the Brazilian cherry?
  • PRO
    Magnus Anderson Hardwood Floors
    hace 9 años
    Do you have any other wood in your house? What is the color of your cabinets or wood trim? You could go light, like a maple. Here's an image of a house we did where we bordered the inside maple wood (that was on an angle)...sorry it's not a better picture. This was for a dining room. The maple was 3rd grade, so it had a lot of character. You can get select or 1st grade that doesn't have the browns in it. You could do a white oak and stain it any color you want. The contrast of a lighter wood with the red/brown of the cherry is really nice.
  • PRO
    Dragonfly Home Designs
    hace 7 años

I personally love the idea of changing directions to showcase the kitchen as a separate room but I feel that the colors should compliment each other, so that there is no competition or a thinking that I like one floor and not the other.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.