janstoneman

what kind of trees are shown in the photo

janstoneman
15 de Marzo de 2012
I love the trees in this photo and would like to know what they are and where they can grow - we live in southern Virginia
Daniel Island Residence · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Moonlighting Landscape Lighting Systems
    Those are Sabal Palmettos, the state trees of South Carolina and Florida. These palms, and palms in particular are native to lower part of South Carolina to Florida and even further below Florida. They are very salt tolerant, which means the closer to the ocean, the better the chances for survival. Unfortunately they would not make it in Virginia, but a great tree to incorporate into a landscape in the southern regions. Thanks for your comment on our photo!
  • janstoneman
    thanks for the info. Is there any sort of tree that might give me this same "thin" look that can be used in southern VA? I have a neighbor who does have a palm tree and it has lived for several years.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.